St Mary's Health Centre, Cop Lane, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0SR
Telephone: 01772 970079
We are currently closed. If you call us between 18:30-20:30 weekdays, 09:00-17:00 on Saturdays and 09:00-12:00 on Sundays your call will automatically forward to our 'Increased Access' out of hours service where you can book 'on-the-day' GP and Practice Nurse appointments at one of our other network sites in Preston. For more information on this service go to https://greaterprestonpcn.nhs.uk/increased-access-to-primary-care
See our other Locations
UCLan Medical Centre, Foster Building, UCLan Campus, Preston, PR1 2HE | Telephone: 01772 970079
You can order your repeat prescriptions in various ways:
1. Via the online service – this is a very quick and easy way to order your medication. To register for the Patient Access, the NHS App or MyGP App, you will need to collect your login details from the surgery. For links to the various sites, please see our Online Services Page.
2. Using the printed request form on right hand side of your prescription – please tick the items you need on your printed request and place in the prescription box located in reception. There is also a prescription box located outside of the practice which you can place your prescription requests in at anytime, even when we are closed.
Please note: try and order your regular medications at the same time. If your items are out of sync with each other, please bring this to our attention by writing this on your request and we will try to rectify this for you.
3. Using a prescription request form available in reception – you can collect one of these from reception or click below and print out a copy at home, fill in your details and place in the prescription box (also located in reception). Please click here to download the request form ready to drop into the surgery or alternatively you can post this to:
Prescriptions, Penwortham St Marys Medical Group, Cop Lane, Penwortham, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 0SR
4. Complete the online form – you can complete this form, click submit and we will process your request in the usual way
5. Via telephone (Over 75’s only) – if you are over 75 and wish to order over the phone, please call 01772 970079 and choose option 4. This is only available between 09:00-11:00 and 14:00-16:00.
Please note: For options 3 & 4 all details on the form must be filled in, to ensure your request is processed correctly and in time. Missing information may result in your request being declined.
What if I have run out of my medication?
If you realise you have no medication left, you will need to ring the main line before 10am. Your prescription will then only be ready to collect after 5pm the same day. Any calls made after this time will not be ready until 12pm the following day.
What if I have a query with one of my medications?
There will be space on the paper request forms to write any queries. There is also an option to type a message if you choose to use the online service.
My prescription is not at the pharmacy – who do I contact?
If you have allowed enough time for your prescription to be ready at your pharmacy and it is still not there, please telephone the main line and one of the receptionists can look into this for you.
I have attended a hospital outpatient appointment and they gave me a pink slip with my new medication to start immediately – what do I do?
You must collect this from the hospital pharmacy. If the pharmacy is closed, please speak to someone at the hospital department where you were seen for advice or you will have to collect it from them another time. Providing the written form is clear to read, you may give us a copy of this form so we can update your repeat medication list for next time you are due to order.
I have been to the Pharmacy and they do not have the item that I require in stock,- what do I do?
If the pharmacy is unable to order the item in for you the following day, they can print you a token or give your green prescription back to you so you can take this to another pharmacy. If it is a worldwide manufacturing problem, please ask the Pharmacy to ring the surgery so we can arrange an alternative for later that day.
If you require any more information regarding these changes, please speak to one of the receptionists.